Good morning, y’all. Well, the weather folks predicted it and now it is here – one big ice storm. Hank the Dog woke me at 5:30 to let me know, in fact. Yay. Anyway…
Everything is covered in ice here. I can hear the freezing rain pelting the windows and roof. It’s kind of spooky, to be honest.
So I wanted to let you know that I might be out of pocket for a bit. Right now, we are lucky to have power, but I’m not sure how long that will last given the ice build-up predicted. I’ll keep y’all updated as much as I can – whether here or through Facebook or Instagram.
In the meantime, if you are in the areas affected by the storm, a few reminders to get prepared:
– Get out your flashlights and put them in a place where you can find them if the power goes out. Make sure they all have fresh, working batteries.
– Charge everything that has a battery that you might need later: phones, tablets, etc.
– If you have a phone that isn’t cordless/doesn’t require a battery, get it out so you can use it if the power goes out.
– Program your power company’s “lights out” number into your phone.
– Gather blankets and layers of clothing to keep warm in the event the power goes out.
– Do not go anywhere. Stay put. No one can drive on ice.
Our power just flickered on and off, so I’m going to leave this here. Be safe, everyone. I’ll keep you updated. You guys keep me updated, too, ok? Be safe.
heidi @ decor & more says
Stay safe, Karen — I’ve been awake listening to the ice since 4 a.m. and am wondering how long our power will be on, too. ugh.
Karen Cooper says
Stay warm and safe, Heidi! So far, so good, but I fear the worst is yet to come. As one of my friends said, “It’s too early to be smug about this storm yet.”
Cheryl @ Artzzle says
Can really feel for you ladies. This week our weather is improving a bit here (Minnesota, just northwest of the Twin Cities). But I didn’t listen to any reports today . . . almost scared to for fear I’ll jinx it. Stay safe, be warm.
Karen Cooper says
Thanks, Cheryl! So far, so good here but it’s supposed to snow all night. Fingers crossed. Best to you.