Good morning, y’all. Well, the weather folks predicted it and now it is here – one big ice storm. Hank the Dog woke me at 5:30 to let me know, in fact. Yay. Anyway…
Everything is covered in ice here. I can hear the freezing rain pelting the windows and roof. It’s kind of spooky, to be honest.
So I wanted to let you know that I might be out of pocket for a bit. Right now, we are lucky to have power, but I’m not sure how long that will last given the ice build-up predicted. I’ll keep y’all updated as much as I can – whether here or through Facebook or Instagram.
In the meantime, if you are in the areas affected by the storm, a few reminders to get prepared:
– Get out your flashlights and put them in a place where you can find them if the power goes out. Make sure they all have fresh, working batteries.
– Charge everything that has a battery that you might need later: phones, tablets, etc.
– If you have a phone that isn’t cordless/doesn’t require a battery, get it out so you can use it if the power goes out.
– Program your power company’s “lights out” number into your phone.
– Gather blankets and layers of clothing to keep warm in the event the power goes out.
– Do not go anywhere. Stay put. No one can drive on ice.