This project post is a part of a paid marketing campaign with the Snap Conference 2014. Although this post is sponsored, the project idea and all opinions expressed are my own. This post also contains affiliate links. For my complete disclosure policy, click here.
I have been using my window-turned-memo-board in our family command center and I love it. But it needed some updating.
I received a box of Amy Tangerine paper craft and scrapbooking materials and went to work! Look at all the goodies in the box:
The box contained a little bit of everything from the Amy Tangerine Plus One paper craft collection, which was the top selling signature line released in winter 2014.
I started with the paper, because I knew I wanted to replace the paper behind the window panes. Here’s what the window memo board looked like before:
I decided to try gluing the paper this time, rather than taping it. While the glue meant that the paper would be there permanently, I thought it might work better than the tape did to get the paper to lie flat against the pane.
I cut the paper to fit the pane.
Then I removed the paper and coated the pane with Mod Podge glue (with a matte finish).
I then put the paper on top of the glue. I smoothed it out – be careful not to get any bubbles or wrinkles.
I smoothed the bubbles out with my hand, but you could also use a small foam roller or hard edge.
Once the glue dried, I turned the window over and added some embellishments to the frame.
I put one of these adhesive buttons on each corner and in the middle of each side of the frame.
I wanted to add some clips as well – for papers like field trip permission slips, notes for my kids’ teachers, etc. The box of supplies came with some washi tape and clips. I wanted a flat surface to adhere the clips to, other than the window itself, so I grabbed a paint stir stick and started wrapping it in the washi tape:
My daughter supervised by telling me which color should come next. Here’s the finished stir stick – you’d never know it started as a free paint stir stick!
I used my glue gun to attach clips to the stick, then attach the stick to the window, and voila!
I added letters – from my own supplies – representing the days of the week, and hung it back on the wall.
The new colors and designs make me smile.
Our happy command center: